Compassionate Care Tailored to Your Beloved Pet’s Allergy Needs
We are committed to offering top-notch veterinary treatment with an emphasis on allergies. Located in the center of Orlando, FL, our clinic is devoted to resolving and reducing the suffering from different allergies that can affect dogs and cats. These allergies include fleas, food, and environmental triggers.
Understanding the Allergy Battle: Types of Allergies in Dogs and Cats
Allergies in your pet can take many different forms, so it’s important to recognize them and successfully treat them. The subtleties of various allergies are well-understood by our staff and team of knowledgeable veterinarians. The following allergies in dogs and cats are our area of expertise when it comes to diagnosis and treatment:
Flea Allergies: Fleas can cause very serious allergic reactions in pets in addition to being bothersome parasites. Our thorough flea control procedures guarantee that your pet is shielded from these minuscule troublemakers.
Food Allergies: Itching, gastric distress, and other discomforts can be brought on by food allergies. Our clinic provides specialized nutrition regimens to support your pet’s health and offers expert advice to identify potential food allergens.
Environmental Allergies: Just like humans, pets can develop allergies to pollen, dust mites, mold, and other environmental factors. We offer advanced diagnostic tools and treatments to help manage and minimize your pet’s allergic reactions.
Common Allergens and Symptoms in Dogs and Cats
What are common allergens in dogs and cats?
Common allergens include fleas and their bites, certain food ingredients (such as beef, chicken, dairy, or grains), pollen, mold spores, dust mites, and even certain medications.
What are common allergy symptoms in dogs and cats?
Allergy symptoms can vary but commonly include itching, redness, hair loss, skin rashes, ear infections, sneezing, coughing, vomiting, diarrhea, and gastrointestinal disturbances.
How We Treat Cats and Dogs with Allergies
At Curry Ford Animal Hospital, we use thorough and efficient management techniques to treat allergies in both cats and dogs. Our individualized care regimens are designed to reduce symptoms and enhance your pet’s quality of life.
- Allergen Avoidance: We assist you in determining known allergies and reducing your pet’s exposure to them. This could entail taking preventative steps like routine flea control, utilizing hypoallergenic bedding, and making an atmosphere free of allergens.
- Medications and Therapies: To properly control allergy symptoms, we use a variety of drugs, such as antihistamines, corticosteroids, and immunotherapy (allergy shots). These remedies relieve discomfort and aid in reducing swelling and itching.
- Dietary Management: We create specialized feeding programs for animals with food allergies. These can include new protein sources or hydrolyzed diets to get rid of dietary allergens and support healthy nutrition.
- Skin Care and Topical Solutions: To calm sensitive skin, treat infections, and promote overall skin health, our vets may suggest particular shampoos, sprays, or topical treatments.
- Ongoing Monitoring and Support: Long-term allergy management is something we support. To make sure your pet’s allergies are properly treated, our experts will regularly monitor their progress, make any required changes to their treatment plan, and offer continuing assistance.
At Curry Ford Animal Hospital, we’re dedicated to giving pets with allergies the best treatment possible. Our sympathetic attitude and knowledge of allergy management work together to enhance the health of your cherished pet.